Monday, August 1, 2016

Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge-Snow Cone

*** Scroll down to the post below or click HERE to see my card for this week's Mojo Monday Sketch Challenge!  ***


 It's time for a new Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge!

photo credit:  www.babble.com

We hope you'll play along!  The LEAD of this challenge will be invited as a Guest Designer in a future challenge!  Please visit the Curtain Call Challenge blog for all the challenge info and deadline.

I Think You're Quite Cool card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Concord & 9thHere's my take on the inspiration photo.  I used another icy summery treat--popsicles--and some of the photo's warm color hues as my inspiration.  The layout comes from the current sketch at CAS(e) this Sketch.   

I started out by making wide watercolor stripes on a panel of watercolor paper that I'd cut with a pierced rectangle die.  While the stripes dried, I used the small popsicle from the Concord and 9th Sweet and Cool stamp set to stamp a pair of popsicle images on a scrap of watercolor paper, then painted those with stripes, too.  After letting the popsicles dry, I cut them with the matching die, then arranged them on the right side of the painted stripes.  To give them an icy look, I brushed them with a Spectrum Noir clear Sparkle pen.  It's so pretty IRL!  I stamped the set's "I think you're quite cool" sentiment on the left side of the stripes in Versafine Onyx Black ink--my all-time favorite black ink for crisp, dark sentiments.  I added a few pink sequin "drips" around the popsicles, then adhered the panel to a lemon yellow card base.

Make sure you visit each of the designers' blogs for more inspiration:

Follow us:

Stop by the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge: Snow Cone for the challenge details and to play along with us!

Materials Used:
Sweet and Cool stamp set, Sweet and Cool dies (Concord and 9th); Versafine Onyx Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); marker (Copic); clear Sparkle pen (Spectrum Noir); Lemon Tart cardstock (Papertrey Ink); watercolors (Michaels); Die-namics Blueprints 21 dies (My Favorite Things); pink sequins (Treehouse Studio); foam tape

7 comments:

  1. Love, love, love! Fabulous take on the inspiration photo and on the sketch, Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super COOL card Lori. Love the fun water coloring and the soft and yummy colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you colored those popsicles! Cool design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So delicious, Lori!!! and a very COOL addition to our gallery!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  5. Refreshing take on the sketch! Love the yummy colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic design, Lori! I love how those watercolor stripes are mimicked in the popsicles!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips