Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Sweet Birthday Wishes

Here's another birthday card to add to my stash.  This one is based on the current sketch at Match the Sketch.

Sweet Birthday Wishes card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from WPlus9
With summer quickly coming to a close, I thought I'd ink up WPlus9's berry-filled Fresh Picked set one last time for the season.  I stamped a trio of strawberries with the help of my MISTI for the cluster of elements at the left of the cardfront.  For a background, I adhered a pale green cardstock panel with a red gingham patterned strip along the bottom to the center of a darker green card base.  I edged the center panel with narrow kraft strips, then added a wider kraft strip across the cardfront, hiding the seam between the two different paper panels.  The berries were arranged on top using foam tape for dimension.  I completed the design by stamping the set's "sweet birthday wishes" sentiment just above the kraft strip in green ink.

Materials Used:
Fresh Picked stamp set, Fresh Picked dies (WPlus9); Memento Lady Bug and Bamboo Leaves inks (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Spring Moss, Simply Chartreuse, and Kraft cardstock, Pure Poppy patterned paper (Papertrey Ink); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips