Friday, November 24, 2017

Celebrate Your Special Day

Celebrate Your Special Day card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from SugarPea Designs
This sweet birthday design is based on the sketch from this month's Mix it Up Challenge at SugarPea Designs.  I went with a mostly monochromatic pink color scheme for my design, starting with the striped pink patterned paper panel that I used as my base.  I adhered two strips of silver star patterned washi tape near the top of the panel, then added the die cut "celebrate" on top.  For dimension, the word was cut from both pink cardstock and craft foam, which were layered before they were adhered to the panel.  To finish the sentiment, I stamped the "your special day" sentiment from the Celebrate All the Things stamp set in silver ink on a pink cardstock strip, then heat embossed the words in silver.  After adhering a narrow silver strip to the bottom of the sentiment strip, I positioned it near the bottom of the panel.  For a festive look, I added a layered banner across the top of the panel and scattered a bunch of pink sequins around the words.  The panel was matted on silver cardstock, then adhered to a pale pink card base.

Materials Used:
Celebrate All the Things stamp set, Celebrate and Party Banner dies (SugarPea Designs); Delicata Silvery Shimmer ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Sweet Blush and Lovely Lady cardstock, Sweet Blush patterned paper (Papertrey Ink); Recollections Silver cardstock (Michaels); silver embossing powder (Hero Arts); silver star washi tape; pink sequins; craft foam

1 comment:

  1. Lori - this is so pretty! I love the shimmer of rht silver and the pretty shades of pink! Thanks so much for joining us at SugarPea!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips