Friday, March 16, 2018

Hello Friend

Hello Friend card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
Here's my perfect for spring design for the current sketch at Freshly Made Sketches.  I represented the layout's diamond shape with a kite die cut from My Favorite Things.  The floral pattern I used for the panels on the kite was rescued from my scrap pile.  I adhered the kite and a pair of die cut shimmery white clouds to a blue card base.  The kite's tail was made  from a length of yellow twine adhered to the back of the kite, then curved along the cardfront and anchored with some dots of liquid glue.  For the sentiment, I die cut the word "hello" from both blue cardstock and craft foam. After layering the two pieces for dimension, I adhered them to the card base, overlapping the kite a bit.  To finish the sentiment, I stamped the word "friend" from the You Bake Me Happy set beneath the die cut word in a coordinating blue ink.

Materials Used:
You Bake Me Happy stamp set, Die-namics Thanks and Hello, Fly a Kite, and Flat-Bottom Clouds dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Bahama Bay ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Baja Breeze, Pacific Point, and Shimmery White cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Harvest Gold cardstock (Papertrey Ink); patterned paper (Jillibean Soup); twine (The Twinery); craft foam

3 comments:

  1. What a great card Lori! I love the kite and those clouds! Such sweet colours and definitely springy! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect colors! Love that sweet kite on the sky! Glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute kit card!! Makes me think of summer and wishing Winter would go away.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips