Thursday, March 15, 2018

Mahalo

Mahalo card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Reverse Confetti
Here's my card for this month's Reverse Confetti Sketch for You to Try. I went with something bright and tropical featuring RC's Mahalo stamp set.  I stamped the drink image outline in black ink, then filled in the image with the solid stamps using several different pigment inks.  For dimension, I stamped the umbrella a second time and cut it out, then used foam tape to adhere it to the image.  The finished image was adhered to a green pierced circle die cut using more foam tape.

I adhered the round panel to a multicolored striped patterned paper panel over solid yellow and bright pink strips.  The pink strip was cut with one of the dies from RC's Tag Me die set to give it a decorative edge.  For the sentiment, I die cut the "mahalo" from hot pink cardstock, then stamped the text on the die cut in white pigment ink and heat embossed the word.  I die cut the word a second time and layered the two die cut pieces for dimension before adhering the word to the card. I found a trio of coordinating bright flowers from my long-neglected collection of paper flowers and adhered them to the round panel as an accent.  The finished panel was adhered to a green card base to match the panel behind the image.

Materials Used:
Mahalo stamp set, Mahalo and Tag Me dies (Reverse Confetti); Memento Tuxedo Black and Memento Luxe Wedding Dress, Dandelion, Rich Cocoa, and Rose Bud inks (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Simply Chartreuse, Bright Buttercup, and Raspberry Fizz cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Splendid Sunshine 6x6 paper pad (Echo Park); Die-namics Pierced Circle STAX dies (My Favorite Things); paper flowers (Prima); craft foam; foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips